Pre-order for Mother's Day cheese, hampers and gifts available now. FREE Delivery over £50.
Yorkshire Wensleydale, Watermelon & Beetroot Salad
• Serves 2
• Prepare in 10 mins
- 200g Yorkshire Wensleydale
- ½ small watermelon
- 300g steamed beetroot
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 4 sprigs fresh basil
- 2 baby gem lettuce
- 2 tablespoons rapeseed oil
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Remove the skin and seeds from the watermelon, then cut into cubes and place in a bowl.
- Peel and cube the beetroot and place into the same bowl.
- Pour over the oil and season with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Wash the baby gem lettuce and tear into bite size pieces.
- Place the lettuce leaves on to a plate and gently spoon over the beetroot and watermelon.
- Lightly toast the pumpkin seeds then sprinkle over the salad.
- Garnish with torn basil leaves.
- Finally, take your Yorkshire Wensleydale and crumble it over the top.