Our website is open and fully stocked. Due to the handcrafted nature of our products we dispatch parcels Monday-Thursday.
Yorkshire Wensleydale & Cranberries and Apple Cake
• Serves 6
• Prepare in 10-15mins
Perfect with afternoon tea
- 150g/5oz butter
175g/6oz golden caster sugar
2 eggs - beaten
2 tbsp milk
175g/6oz self raising flour - sieved
2 apples - peeled, cored & sliced
125g/4oz Yorkshire Wensleydale & Cranberries - crumbled
1 tbsp Demerara Sugar
- Step 1. Preheat the oven to 170°C / 325°F / gas mark
- Step 2. Grease a 20cm (8”) springform cake tin.
- Step 3. Cream together the butter and sugar. Add the eggs one at a time, beat in the milk and flour. Fold in ¾ of apples and crumble over the Yorkshire Wensleydale & Cranberries cheese.
- Step 4. Spoon the mixture into a tin.
- Step 5. Arrange the rest of the apple on top and sprinkle with Demerara sugar.
- Step 6. Bake for 55 minutes until risen and golden brown. Leave to cool in the tin.