Christmas Shop Now Open! Pre-order today and we'll deliver in time for Christmas! Delivery just £3.95. FREE over £50.
Yorkshire Wensleydale & Walnut Pesto Pasta
• Serves 4
• Prepare in 15 mins
Super easy to make, it’s time to skip the shop-bought pesto and make your own. This dish is perfect served warm or cold. If serving cold, just make sure you cool your pasta before adding the pesto.
- 80g Yorkshire Wensleydale Cheese, plus extra crumbled to serve
- 150ml Yorkshire Rapeseed Oil
- 400g pasta shapes
- 50g walnuts, plus extra crumbled to serve
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 50g fresh basil leaves, plus extra to dress
- Squeeze of lemon
- Cook your pasta in salted water according to the packet instructions until it is al dente. Whilst the pasta is cooking it’s time to make your pesto.
- Toast the walnuts in a dry pan over a medium hob heat for a couple of minutes until they are fragrant and a little darker than they were. Be careful to stir throughout whilst toasting as they can burn quite easily.
- Pop the walnuts into a food processor along with the garlic and whizz for a few seconds. Next add in the Yorkshire Wensleydale Cheese and whizz for a few seconds once again. Add the basil and a good squeeze of lemon to the mix and whilst they are being blitzed, slowly drizzle in the Yorkshire Rapeseed Oil until fully mixed.
- Stir the pesto through the pasta, crumble over the extra walnuts and Yorkshire Wensleydale cheese. Finally, dress the dish with some basil leaves and serve.