Yorkshire Wensleydale, Tomato & Potato Pie
• Serves 4
• Prepare in 1 hour
• Cook in 15mins
Perfect for lunch or supper, or why not try as a main meal with a tossed green salad?
- 4 jacket potatoes
Salt and pepper
170g Yorkshire Wensleydale cheese, crumbled
Splash olive oil
1 Garlic clove, crushed
1 tsp oregano
- Step 1. Bake jacket potatoes in the oven at 210°C for one hour or until cooked.
- Step 2. At the same time, cut the tomatoes into quarters and mix with salt and pepper, oil, garlic and oregano.
- Step 3. Put into the oven at 150°C and roast.
- Step 4. Take potatoes out and cut in half.
- Step 5. Pass the flesh through a ricer into a bowl.
- Step 6. Beat in the butter, season with nutmeg and salt and pepper.
- Step 7. Add 113g of crumbled Yorkshire Wensleydale cheese.
- Step 8. But a base of potato in a greased 2 1/2“ stainless steel ring.
- Step 9. Put tomato mix on top.
- Step 10. Top with more potato mix and form a point in the middle.
- Step 11. Sprinkle with Yorkshire Wensleydale cheese and bake in the oven 210°C for 15 minutes. Short on time? Instead of using baked potatoes simply cut 4 good sized, peeled potatoes into small pieces and boil until cooked, then mash before adding the butter, nutmeg, salt and pepper.