Christmas Shop Now Open! Pre-order today and we'll deliver in time for Christmas! Delivery just £3.95. FREE over £50.
Yorkshire Wensleydale & Roasted Tomato Bruschetta
• Serves 6
• Prepare in 30 mins
Sourdough toast topped with a silky whipped cheese and roasted tomatoes. The sweet and intense flavour of the tomatoes pairs perfectly with our Oak Smoked Oil and the saltiness of the cheese. Perfect for a light lunch, a simple yet impressive starter dish or canape that can be made in advance.
- 200g Yorkshire Wensleydale Cheese
- 50ml Oak Smoked Yorkshire Rapeseed Oil, plus extra for roasting the tomatoes and to brush the
- 220g Vine Tomatoes
- 6 Sourdough bread slices
- 1 clove of garlic
- 25ml double cream
- 2 tsps of fresh oregano (halve the amount if using dried)
- Preheat the oven to 180oC / 160oC Fan / 350oF / Gas Mark 4.
- Pop the tomatoes still on the vine onto a baking tray and drizzle with a little of the Smoked Oil and a good twist of black pepper. Roast in the oven for 25 minutes. Once you remove them from the oven, leave to cool.
- In a food processor blitz together the Yorkshire Wensleydale Cheese, garlic, double cream, oregano and then drizzle in 50ml of the Smoked Oil and continue to blitz until it’s smooth.
- Time to make the sourdough toasts by grilling the sourdough slices lightly on both sides and then brushing with Smoked Oil. Leave to cool before topping with the whipped cheese and tomatoes.
- Serve while the tomatoes are still warm.