Yorkshire Wensleydale & Leek Tart
• Serves 4
• Prepare in 10 mins
• Cook in 20 - 15mins
Kindly sent in by our Facebook Fan Keely Davis. If you would like to send us your Wensleydale recipe to share with others, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 100g Yorkshire Wensleydale cheese, ½ grated & ½ crumbled
1 medium leek, washed, halved length-ways & finely sliced
2 tablespoons flour
175 ml milk
½ teaspoon wholegrain mustard
Freshly ground black pepper
200g puff pastry
- Step 1. Melt butter in saucepan, add leeks and sauté over a medium low heat to soften for about 5 minutes.
- Step 2. Add flour and stir and cook for a minute or two, then add milk, mustard and a good grinding of pepper.
- Step 3. Stir and cook until sauce thickens and boils. Add Yorkshire Wensleydale cheese and stir for another couple of minutes, remove from heat and put aside.
- Step 4. Roll out the pastry on a floured surface, to fit a lightly greased baking tray. Place on tray then ‘knock up’ the edges of the pastry with a knife.
- Step 5. Gently score a rectangle about 1 inch from the edge of pastry, then place the sauce within the marked area, smoothing as required. Brush pastry edges with milk.
- Step 6. Bake for 20/25 minutes at 220 C, until the pastry is puffed & golden.