Our Christmas Shop is now open!
Yorkshire Wensleydale & Leek Tart
• Serves 4
• Prepare in 10 mins
Kindly sent in by our Facebook Fan Keely Davis. If you would like to send us your Wensleydale recipe to share with others, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 100g Yorkshire Wensleydale cheese, ½ grated & ½ crumbled
1 medium leek, washed, halved length-ways & finely sliced
2 tablespoons flour
175 ml milk
½ teaspoon wholegrain mustard
Freshly ground black pepper
200g puff pastry
- Step 1. Melt butter in saucepan, add leeks and sauté over a medium low heat to soften for about 5 minutes.
- Step 2. Add flour and stir and cook for a minute or two, then add milk, mustard and a good grinding of pepper.
- Step 3. Stir and cook until sauce thickens and boils. Add Yorkshire Wensleydale cheese and stir for another couple of minutes, remove from heat and put aside.
- Step 4. Roll out the pastry on a floured surface, to fit a lightly greased baking tray. Place on tray then ‘knock up’ the edges of the pastry with a knife.
- Step 5. Gently score a rectangle about 1 inch from the edge of pastry, then place the sauce within the marked area, smoothing as required. Brush pastry edges with milk.
- Step 6. Bake for 20/25 minutes at 220 C, until the pastry is puffed & golden.