Artisan Cheese, Deli Items, Luxury Hampers and Gifts delivered to your door for just £3.95. Free over £50. Mainland UK Delivery 3 - 5 working days.
Yorkshire Wensleydale & Creamed Leek Pancake
• Serves 2
• Prepare in 10 mins
For those who enjoy a savoury pancake, our Yorkshire Wensleydale & Creamed Leek Pancake is a winner! Inspired by a popular dish from our 1897 Coffee Shop.
- 1 pancake
1 leek, washed and finely chopped
Knob of butter
150ml vegetable stock
50ml whipping cream
1 slice bacon, grilled and diced
50g Yorkshire Wensleydale cheese, grated
Chopped parsley to garnish
- Step 1. Add the vegetable stock and butter to a pan and allow to simmer, before adding the leeks
- Step 2. Cover and simmer until liquid has reduced by 3/4 and the leeks have softened
- Step 3. Add the cream and stir until the sauce has thickened
- Step 4. Season with black pepper
- Spread the creamed leek mixture over a pancake, then top with chopped bacon and grated Yorkshire Wensleydale
- Bake for 8-10 minutes at 160c until warm and the cheese has melted
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley to serve.