Yorkshire Wensleydale & Cranberries Cheese Salad
Serves 2 as a main, or 4 as a starter
4 good handfuls/approx. 90g of mixed leaves (baby leaf salad works best)
2 spring onions, trimmed & chopped finely
2 tbsp pine nuts
6 cherry tomatoes, ideally on the vine, halved
½ Granny Smith apple, grated
Tbsp good quality olive oil
Tbsp red wine vinegar
90g Yorkshire Wensleydale & Cranberries cheese
1. Gently toast the pine nuts, either under the grill on a lined baking tray, or in a dry non-stick frying pan over a low heat. Do not allow to char – they should only darken slightly.
2. Add the salad leaves, pine nuts, cherry tomatoes and grated apple to a bowl.
3. In a small pot (with a lid), add the olive oil and red wine vinegar. Place the lid on firmly and shake the pot until the oil and vinegar have emulsified (combined) to form a dressing.
4. Pour the dressing into the bowl, toss the salad together and serve onto plates.
5. Crumble the Yorkshire Wensleydale & Cranberries cheese over the salad just before serving.