225g plain flour
2/3 tbsp cold water
150g Yorkshire Wensleydale cheese, grated/crumbled
Half a red onion, sliced thinly
4 sun dried tomatoes, finely chopped
150ml milk (not skimmed)
Half tsp dried basil
Salt & pepper to season
- To make the pastry, combine the flour & butter in a food processor. Gradually add a little water as the machine works, until the mixture comes together.
- Turn out onto a board, mould together into a ball firmly with your hands & wrap in clingfilm. Place in the fridge for at least 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200c.
- After this time, roll the dough out on a floured surface, and use it to line a greased flan/quiche tin.
- Line with parchment paper & baking beans, and blind bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, remove the paper & beans, and scatter half of the cheese onto the pastry.
- Spread the tomatoes and onion evenly over the cheese, then top with the remainder of the cheese.
- In a bowl, beat the milk and eggs together, add the basil and season well.
- Pour the mixture over the top and then place in the oven for 30 minutes – until the top is golden brown and slightly firm to the touch,
- Remove from the oven, allow to rest for around five minutes then turn out of the tin to serve and enjoy.
Serve the quiche with a lightly dressed salad, homemade coleslaw, and boiled new potatoes.