Yorkshire Wensleydale Apple Crumble
• Serves 6
• Prepare in 20
• Cook in 30
Indulgent, warming and extremely crumbly! Pair our Yorkshire Wensleydale cheese with apple for a taste sensation!
- 75g Yorkshire Wensleydale, finely crumbled
- 6 Cox’s apples, peeled, cored & chopped
- 75g porridge oats
- 150g plain flour
- 90g unsalted butter
- 30g sultanas
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 70g light muscovado sugar
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan oven 180°C, Gas Mark 6.
- Put the apples, 15g butter and cinnamon into a saucepan with 2 tablespoons of cold water and cook over a low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the sultanas and 20g sugar, then spoon into a baking dish.
- For the crumble topping, rub the flour and butter together until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs, then stir in the porridge oats, sugar and Yorkshire Wensleydale cheese. Cover the fruit filling evenly.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve with home-made custard or a generous dollop of crème fraîche.