Yorkshire Wensleydale, Apple Chutney & Spinach Tartlet
/ July 7th, 2022 / There are currently 0 comments
This showstopping centrepiece can complete any summer dinner party or picnic and is incredibly easy to make. Light, flaky pastry is topped with rich chutney, wilted spinach and a generous crumble of Yorkshire Wensleydale cheese.
- 200g Yorkshire Wensleydale
- 1 packet ready roll puff pastry
- 1 jar apple chutney
- 5 tablespoons walnut pieces
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 bag baby spinach
- 1 large free range egg
- 1 tablespoon rapeseed oil
- Roll the pastry into a large rectangle and place onto a lightly oiled tray.
- Prick the pastry with a fork leaving a neat border around the outside of the tart.
- Gently go around the border with a knife creating a slight indentation to frame the tart.
- Brush the border of the puff pastry with beaten egg wash and bake for 20 minutes at 180°C until golden and crisp.
- Remove from the oven and spoon the whole jar of apple chutney into the centre of the pastry, spreading to the edges to create a neat base for the tart.
- Place the spinach into a frying pan with a knob of butter and wilt for a few moments until tender, then add the walnut pieces.
- Place the spinach and walnuts on the top of the apple chutney, taking care to leave the border of the pastry clean.
- Return the tart to the oven and for a further 6 minutes.
- Finally, take your Yorkshire Wensleydale and crumble it over the top, then sprinkle with freshly grated nutmeg.