Christmas Shop Now Open! Pre-order today and we'll deliver in time for Christmas! Delivery just £3.95. FREE over £50.
Yorkshire Wensleydale, Apple Chutney & Spinach Tartlet
• Serves 4
• Prepare in 10 mins
- 200g Yorkshire Wensleydale
- 1 packet ready roll puff pastry
- 1 jar apple chutney
- 5 tablespoons walnut pieces
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 bag baby spinach
- 1 large free range egg
- 1 tablespoon Yorkshire Rapeseed oil
- Roll the pastry into a large rectangle and place onto a lightly oiled tray.
- Prick the pastry with a fork leaving a neat border around the outside of the tart.
- Gently go around the border with a knife creating a slight indentation to frame the tart.
- Brush the border of the puff pastry with beaten egg wash and bake for 20 minutes at 180°C until golden and crisp.
- Remove from the oven and spoon the whole jar of apple chutney into the centre of the pastry, spreading to the edges to create a neat base for the tart.
- Place the spinach into a frying pan with a knob of butter and wilt for a few moments until tender, then add the walnut pieces.
- Place the spinach and walnuts on the top of the apple chutney taking care to leave the border of the pastry clean.
- Return the tart to the oven and heat for a further 6 minutes.
- Finally, take your Yorkshire Wensleydale and crumble it over the top, then sprinkle with freshly grated nutmeg.