Christmas Shop Now Open! Pre-order today and we'll deliver in time for Christmas! Delivery just £3.95. FREE over £50.
• Serves 4
• Prepare in 2 hours mins
Love all types of cheese? Our Yorkshire Rarebit is perfect for you, very tasty and very cheesy!
- 150ml of Black Sheep Ale
- 50ml of whipping cream
- 15ml of Worcestershire sauce
- Pinch of salt & pepper
- Half a dessert spoon of Dijon mustard
- 200g each of Yorkshire Wensleydale cheese, Cheddar and Red Leicester cheese - grated
- Step 1. Add the Black Sheep Ale, whipping cream, Worcestershire sauce, seasoning and mustard to a pan, whisk together and bring to the boil.
- Step 2. Simmer the ingredients and reduce by about a half, this will take about 10mins.
- Step 3. Take off the heat.
- Step 4. Mix the grated cheeses together in a bowl.
- Step 5. Add the reduced cream and Black Sheep Ale liquid, and mix thoroughly until you have a thick paste.
- Step 6. Transfer the mixture into a parchment lined container such as a loaf tin.
- Step 7. Press down very firmly to ensure the mixture is tightly packed into the tin.
- Step 8. Refrigerate for at least two hours until set firm.
- Step 9. When the Yorkshire Rarebit mix is set, it will be firm enough for slicing into 1cm thick pieces. To serve
- Step 10. Place one slice of Yorkshire Rarebit onto a crusty slice of bread - ciabatta works really well, it needs to be crisp rather than a soft bread.
- Step 11. Place in the oven on 200c for 10mins and serve. Perfect with a garden salad and home-made tomato chutney. Yorkshire Rarebit can also be served on jacket potatoes, gammon steak, chicken and fish.