Christmas Shop Now Open! Pre-order today and we'll deliver in time for Christmas! Delivery just £3.95. FREE over £50.
Yorkshire Cheddar Cheese Straws with a Yorkshire Cheddar Melting Pot
• Serves 4
• Prepare in 15 mins
Perfect for sharing or to indulge on your own! Yorkshire Cheddar Cheese Straws with a delicious Cheddar melting pot.
Yorkshire Cheddar now lies under the Yorkshire Creamery brand! Learn more here: https://yorkshirecreamery.co.uk
- 2 x 320g boxes of ready rolled puff pastry
- 3 egg yolks
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- Cracked black pepper
- 150g Yorkshire Cheddar (grated)
- Your choice of topping - hazelnuts, sesame seeds, poppy seeds, etc.
- Step 1: Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas Mark 4
- Step 2: Mix the egg yolks and salt together, then brush the puff pastry sheets.
- Step 3: Take both sheets of the puff pastry: On one sheet, sprinkle over the thyme leaves, grated Yorkshire Cheddar and cracked black pepper and place the second sheet over it (egg yolk side facing downwards). There should be approximately a 1cm gap between the layers.
- Step 4: Egg wash the top of the puff pastry and sprinkle with your choice of topping. Cut into strips 1cm in width. Taking either end of the ‘straw’, twist it and lay onto a baking tray lined with baking parchment or a silicone baking sheet. Repeat until all straws have been twisted.
- Step 5: Place in the oven and bake for 15 mins or until golden and crisp. Leave to cool before serving.
- Chef's Tip: You can prepare the Cheese Straws in advance and store in an airtight container for approximately 2 days.