Our website is open and fully stocked. Enjoy delicious cheese and gifts direct to your door, from the heart of The Yorkshire Dales.
• Serves 4
• Prepare in 10 mins
A firm favourite in Calvert’s Restaurant at our Visitor Centre
- 4 chicken breasts, butterflied
300ml chicken stock (paste cubes are fine)
300ml whipping cream
Cornflour (approx. 1tsp)
150g Wensleydale Blue cheese, crumbled
Chopped parsley to taste
- Step 1. Butterfly the chicken breasts by slicing them lengthways but not all the way through, then open up and press firmly.
- Step 2. Pan-fry the butterflied chicken breasts until sealed (not brown), then transfer to a preheated oven (200c) for ten minutes. Check the juices run clear or have reached above 75c.
- Step 3. To make the sauce add the cream and stock to a pan and bring to the boil, then simmer.
- Step 4. Make a paste with the cornflour and a little water; gradually add this to the cream until the consistency of double cream, simmer for a few minutes then turn off the heat.
- Step 5. Now add the crumbled Wensleydale Blue cheese and stir until melted. Finish with a small amount of chopped parsley.
- Step 6. Once the chicken breasts are cooked, slice into two, place diagonally stacked on a plate and smother with the Wensleydale Blue Cheese Sauce. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.