200g (8oz) self raising flour
½ teaspoon dry mustard
Pinch of salt
50g (2oz) butter
75g (3oz) crumbled Wensleydale Blue cheese
50g (2oz) chopped Walnuts
3-4 tablespoon milk
Egg yolk for glazing
1. Sieve dry ingredients together into a mixing bowl.
2. Rub in margarine or lard.
3. Add Wensleydale Blue cheese and walnuts.
4. Beat egg and milk together.
5. Add to mixture and mix to a firm dough.
6. On a floured surface, roll the mixture out to 1¼ cm ( ½”) thickness.
7. Cut into rounds with a 5cm (2”) cutter, place on a baking tray and brush with egg yolk.
8. Bake for 12 minutes near the top of the oven at 200°c/ Gas Mark 6