Artisan Cheese, Deli Items, Luxury Hampers and Gifts delivered direct! Mainland UK Delivery 3 - 5 working days for just £3.95. FREE delivery over £50.
Wensleydale Blue & Walnut Scones
• Serves 6
• Prepare in 10 mins
Great toasted with lashings of butter.
- 200g (8oz) self raising flour
½ teaspoon dry mustard
Pinch of salt
50g (2oz) butter
75g (3oz) crumbled Wensleydale Blue cheese
50g (2oz) chopped Walnuts
3-4 tablespoon milk
Egg yolk for glazing
- Step 1. Sieve dry ingredients together into a mixing bowl.
- Step 2. Rub in margarine or lard.
- Step 3. Add Wensleydale Blue cheese and walnuts.
- Step 4. Beat egg and milk together.
- Step 5. Add to mixture and mix to a firm dough. On a floured surface, roll the mixture out to 1¼ cm ( ½”) thickness.
- Step 6. Cut into rounds with a 5cm (2”) cutter, place on a baking tray and brush with egg yolk.
- Step 7. Bake for 12 minutes near the top of the oven at 200°c/ Gas Mark 6