Wensleydale Blue Stuffed Mushrooms
• Serves 6
• Prepare in 5 mins
• Cook in 10 mins
Perfect as a starter or light meal, or why not serve as a canapé or with a buffet?
- 20 medium sized mushrooms
300g (12oz) crumbled Wensleydale Blue
1 heaped teaspoon finely grated onion
1 level teaspoon curry powder
2-3 tablespoon mayonnaise
Freshly ground black pepper
- Step 1. Remove mushroom stalks and place caps upside down in an ovenproof dish.
- Step 2. Combine remaining ingredients and use this mixture to stuff the mushrooms.
- Step 3. Place the mushrooms in a pre-heated oven (200C/400°F/Gas Mark 6) for 10 minutes, until the mixture is bubbling. They can be transferred to a hot grill to brown them, but this is not essential.
- Step 4. Serve immediately, with fresh granary bread.