Pre-order for Mother's Day cheese, hampers and gifts available now. FREE Delivery over £50.
Wensleydale Blue Cheese & Pear Tart
• Serves 4
• Prepare in 10 mins
A deliciously indulgent starter
- 220g/8oz ready-rolled puff pastry
110g / 4oz Wensleydale Blue cheese, crumbled
25g / 1 oz walnuts, lightly crushed
2 ripe pears, peeled, cored, sliced
25g/ 4 oz melted butter
Salt and pepper
- Step 1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4
- Step 2. Line four 10cm (4") tart dishes with the pastry. Lightly prick the surface with a fork.
- Step 3. Crumble the Wensleydale Blue cheese and divide between the four dishes. Cover with a thin layer of the crushed walnuts.
- Step 4. Arrange the pear slices decoratively on the walnuts.
- Step 5. Brush the pears with the melted butter and bake in the oven for approx 12 minutes, or until the pastry is golden and well risen.
- Step 6. Serve with whole walnuts and a green salad.