220g/8oz ready-rolled puff pastry
110g / 4oz Wensleydale Blue cheese, crumbled
25g / 1 oz walnuts, lightly crushed
2 ripe pears, peeled, cored, sliced
25g/ 4 oz melted butter
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4
2. Line four 10cm (4″) tart dishes with the pastry. Lightly prick the surface with a fork.
3. Crumble the Wensleydale Blue cheese and divide between the four dishes. Cover with a thin layer of the crushed walnuts.
4. Arrange the pear slices decoratively on the walnuts.
5. Brush the pears with the melted butter and bake in the oven for approx 12 minutes, or until the pastry is golden and well risen.
6. Serve with whole walnuts and a green salad.