150g Wensleydale Blue, cubed
100g softened unsalted butter, roughly chopped
1 egg yolk
100g plain flour
75g quick-cook polenta
1 tsp poppy seeds
1. In a bowl, mash the cheese with a fork.
2. Add the butter and egg yolk and mix together.
3. Sift over the flour, add the polenta and mix into a stiff dough.
4. Shape into a ball, flatten slightly, wrap in cling film and put into the freezer for 15 minutes to chill.
5. Dust a work surface with a little flour. Roll out the dough to 5mm thickness.
6. Cut out the biscuits and place the biscuits on a baking tray.
7. Sprinkle with the poppy seeds.
8. Bake for 12-15 minutes in a pre-heated oven to 200ºc/gas mark 6.