Artisan Cheese, Deli Items, Luxury Hampers and Gifts delivered direct! Mainland UK Delivery 3 - 5 working days for just £3.95. FREE delivery over £50.
Wensleydale Blue Cheese Biscuits with Poppy Seeds
• Serves 6
• Prepare in 10 mins
These biscuits make a fine accompaniment to our range of delicious cheeses and are a perfect addition to a cheeseboard.
- 150g Wensleydale Blue, crumbled.
- 100g softened unsalted butter, roughly chopped
- 1 egg yolk
- 100g plain flour
- 75g quick-cook polenta
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
- Step 1. In a bowl, crumble the cheese.
- Step 2. Add the butter and egg yolk and mix together.
- Step 3. Sift over the flour, add the polenta and mix into a stiff dough.
- Step 4. Shape into a ball, flatten slightly, wrap in cling film and put into the freezer for 15 minutes to chill.
- Step 5: Dust a work surface with a little flour. Roll out the dough to 5mm thickness.
- Step 6: Cut out the biscuits and place the biscuits on a baking tray.
- Step 7: Sprinkle with the poppy seeds.
- Step 8: Bake for 12-15 minutes in a pre-heated oven to 200ºc/gas mark