APPLICATION IS NOW CLOSED
Job Title: Production Scheduler
Reporting to: Supply Chain Manager
The role of Production Scheduler is a key position in both the business as a whole and within the Supply Chain Team here at Wensleydale Dairy Products. The role is based at the Kirkby Malzeard site, 8.30am- 5pm Monday to Friday.
As part of the team, as well as the main duties listed below you will be instrumental in understanding and sharing the responsibility of all relevant legal requirements of the business including H&S, all aspects of technical compliance including; Food Safety & Hygiene, legal labelling, employment law and any other aspect relevant to your role or the business and will be expected to partake in regular team meetings and reviews.
It is the responsibility of each individual team member to fully brief their deputies prior to any absence.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Construct & maintain 21day packing schedule for Kirkby factory, minimising changeovers and maximising service delivery
• Review variances to projected stock position, challenging any that do not reconcile with previous day/week position, and verify daily production plan accordingly
• Following actual order “refresh” re-evaluate/amend schedule and formulate /amend the plan for the following day/weeks.
• Liaise with stores /purchasing with regards to raw material flow and adjust plans accordingly.
• Work closely with production and modify production plans if required (quality issues, staffing/skills shortage, manning levels, planned maintenance, process samples).
• Investigate finished goods short code & shortages to determine if a planning issue, and implement corrective action where applicable.
• Check formulas in planning files for the next 21 days to identify bottlenecks/capacity issues and balance accordingly.
• Establish, collate, and report daily a plan attainment measure (Reason for missed target) to help drive improvement in delivery and operational efficiency
• Manually input/ amend export & wholesale orders in the forecast and production plan.
• Add sample requests to plan. Complete detail on sample log (i.e. Added to plan (date of line plan added to)).
• Maintain planning files (housekeeping – new listings/ delists).
KEY COMPETANCY SKILLS
• Advanced Excel
• Previous experience in planning role
• Clear understanding of how data enters into, is processed by and is reported by systems.
• Broad knowledge of high volume IT transactional systems.
• Ability to analyse data and translate into actions.
• Ability to influence effectively across the organisation.
• Well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
• Attention to detail
• Driver of change
• Works on own initiative
• Contributes own views and listens to views of others
• Contributes to a positive team environment
• Is focused on the end target, does everything within their capability to hit it
• Capable of challenging constructively.
• Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders.
• Experience of contributing to major systems upgrades.
For more information or to apply, please contact Lynn Peacock on 01969 667664 or email@example.com