Smoked Salmon & Yorkshire Wensleydale Cheese ‘Samosas’ on a Cucumber Salad
• Serves 4
• Prepare in 10-15mins
Perfect as a starter or light meal, or why not make them smaller and serve as a canape or with a buffet?
- 12 slices of smoked salmon
113g Yorkshire Wensleydale cheese, crumbled
2 spring onions
1 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tbsp yogurt
1 tsp horseradish
12 leaves of chervil
1 tbsp chopped parsley
2 tbsp white wine vinigar
8 tbsp oil
1 tsp mustard
- Step 1. Trim the smoked salmon and cut into 3 strips.
- Step 2. Crumble the Yorkshire Wensleydale cheese, finely chop white part of spring onions and mix a bowl.
- Step 3. Put mustard in to a separate bowl, add vinegar and mix well, add oil and season.
- Step 4. Put 1 tsp into Yorkshire Wensleydale mix.
- Stpe 5. Put a little filling on smoked salmon and fold into a triangle, shape and then flatten to neaten.
- Step 6. Cut cucumber and apple into batons and put into a bowl.
- Step 7. Add mayonnaise, yogurt, horseradish and crushed walnuts and season.
- Step 8. Put salad on plate and lay 3 samosas on top of salad.
- Finely dice the radish and add to dressing with chopped parsley.
- Use chervil to garnish and serve.