Free Delivery on all orders over £50!
Seared Scallops with Marinated Yorkshire Wensleydale
• Serves 2
• Prepare in 2-3 hours mins
Enjoy Yorkshire Wensleydale like you never have before! Enjoy seared scallops with marinated Yorkshire Wensleydale, sour dough croutons, black olives and red chilli!
- 10 fresh king scallops
- Half a loaf of sourdough bread
- 200g Yorkshire Wensleydale
- 2 red chillies – sliced thinly
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 bunch of fresh basil
- 1 bunch of fresh parsley
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 6 black olives – sliced thinly
- Fresh salad leaves
- Yorkshire Rapeseed Oil
- Sea salt
- 1. Prepare the marinated Yorkshire Wensleydale a few days in advance to allow the cheese to absorb all the flavours.
- 2. Place the fresh parsley, basil and a sprig of thyme into a blender and pulse, emulsifying with alternating splashes of yorkshire Rapeseed oil. Add the lemon juice and season well.
- 3. Cut the Yorkshire Wensleydale into cubes and cover in the marinade then keep in the fridge.
- 4. Cut the sourdough at interesting angles, brush with Yorkshire Rapeseed oil, thyme and garlic and allow to rest for a few hours.
- 5. Bake the sourdough in the oven at 180°C until well coloured. Remove the croutons when still slightly soft and allow to cool.
- 6. Dry the scallops thoroughly with a clean towel and season well with sea salt.
- 7. Place into a hot pan and sear for 1-3 minutes on each side (depending upon size) and until golden brown.
- 8. Bring the marinated Yorkshire Wensleydale to room temperature and spoon the cheese and some of the marinade over the croutons.
- 9. Arrange the seared scallops on top and garnish with chilli, sliced black olives and a few fresh salad leaves.