Pre-order for Mother's Day cheese, hampers and gifts available now. FREE Delivery over £50.
Savoury Yorkshire Wensleydale Turnover
• Serves 4
• Prepare in 10 - 15mins
This makes a great tea time treat and buffet dish.
- 225g (8oz) pastry
50g (2oz) butter
225g (8oz) Yorkshire Wensleydale cheese, crumbled
2 Coxâs apples
Salt and pepper
Yolk of 1 egg to glaze
- Step 1. Heat oven to 220c/425°f/Gas Mark
- Step 2. Roll out pastry to an oblong and trim the edges.
- Step 3. Simmer the shallots in the butter until transparent.
- Step 4. Peel, core and slice the apples thinly.
- Turn over a time or two with the shallots in the butter and season.
- Crumble the Yorkshire Wensleydale cheese over the top half of the pastry oblong to within
- 5cm (1”) of the edge, spread the apple and shallot mix evenly over the cheese.
- Brush the top edges with water, fold the bottom half up and press the edges together. Cut 3 slits diagonally across the top of the pastry and brush the egg yolk.
- Cook for 20-30 minutes until well risen and golden brown.