Pre-order for Mother's Day cheese, hampers and gifts available now. FREE Delivery over £50.
Pulled Pork Tacos with Caramelised Apple, Crispy Bacon & Yorkshire Wensleydale Cheese
• Serves 4
• Prepare in 10 mins
- 200g Yorkshire Wensleydale Cheese
- 1kg of cooked Pulled Pork
- 8 tablespoons of Sriracha sauce
- 8 Corn Tortilla Wraps
- 2 Baby Gem Lettuce
- 1 punnet of Cherry Tomatoes
- 4 Apples
- 4 tsps of Smoked Paprika
- 2 tbsps Molasses or Black Treacle
- 8 slices of Streaky Bacon
- 1. Peel 4 apples, cut into wedges and then place on a tray. Cover with the molasses and sprinkle with smoked paprika
- 2. Bake the apples at 180° C until they have gone soft and lightly caramelised
- 3. Place the slices of streaky bacon in between two tightly fitting trays and bake in the oven for 10 mins at 180° C. Once crispy, remove from the oven and cut into small pieces
- 4. Wash and chop the baby gem lettuce and halve cherry tomatoes
- 5. Lightly toast the soft tortillas in a griddle pan for approx. one minute on each side
- 6. To assemble, spread the Sriracha sauce onto the toasted taco and place the little gem and tomatoes on top
- 7. Add the pulled pork, caramelised apple and crispy bacon pieces.
- 8. Lastly crumble over the Yorkshire Wensleydale and serve
- Chef's Top Tip: To stop your bacon from curling, place the bacon slices between two baking trays so that they stay flat when cooking.