• Serves 4
• Prepare in 10 mins
• Cook in 20 mins
Melt new Yorkshire Cheddar to make a creamy, strong tasting Mac & Cheese!
- 250ml full fat milk
150ml stock (paste cube is fine or fresh if you have it)
A good tsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp cornflour, mixed to a paste with a little milk
100g Yorkshire Wensleydale cheese grated
50g Red Leicester cheese grated
50g Yorkshire Cheddar
Salt and pepper to taste
Dried macaroni pasta (approx. 90g per person)
- Step 1. Cook the pasta following the instructions on pack.
- Step 2. Bring milk and stock to the boil, reduce heat and add the cornflour mixture.
- Step 3. Allow to simmer for a minute or so; the sauce should be thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Step 4. Remove from heat and stir in mustard and grated cheeses (reserving a little of each of the cheeses to sprinkle on top).
- Step 5. Drain the pasta and add to the sauce. Stir until well coated.
- Step 6. Spoon into oven proof bowls and top with remaining cheese.
- Step 7. Grill on a high heat until cheese is bubbling. Enjoy!