A magnificent mac! The ultimate comfort food is even more soothing with Yorkshire Creamery’s Extra Mature Yorkshire Cheddar and Double Yorkshire stirred in. Their golden colour and buttery flavours are just the thing to give it a creamy boost.
- Dried macaroni pasta (approx. 90g per person)
- 250ml full fat milk
- 150ml stock (paste cube is fine or fresh if you have it)
- 1 tbsp cornflour, mixed to a paste with a little milk
- A good tsp Dijon mustard
- 100g Yorkshire Creamery Extra Mature Yorkshire Cheddar cheese, grated
- 100g Yorkshire Creamery Double Yorkshire cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta following the instructions on pack.
- Bring milk and stock to the boil, reduce heat and add the cornflour mixture.
- Allow to simmer for a minute or so; the sauce should be thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Remove from heat and stir in mustard and grated cheeses (reserving a little of each of the cheeses to sprinkle on top).
- Drain the pasta and add to the sauce. Stir until well coated.