Free Delivery on all orders over £50!
• Serves 2
• Prepare in 10 mins
A magnificent mac! The ultimate comfort food is even more soothing with Yorkshire Cheddar, Yorkshire Red and a bit of Double Yorkshire stirred in. Their golden colour and buttery flavours are just the thing to give it a creamy boost.
- 250ml full fat milk
- 150ml stock (paste cube is fine or fresh if you have it)
- A good tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp cornflour, mixed to a paste with a little milk
- 100g Extra Mature Yorkshire Cheddar cheese., grated
- 50g Yorkshire Red cheese, grated
- 50g Double Yorkshire cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dried macaroni pasta (approx. 90g per person)
- Step 1. Cook the pasta following the instructions on pack.
- Step 2. Bring milk and stock to the boil, reduce heat and add the cornflour mixture.
- Step 3. Allow to simmer for a minute or so; the sauce should be thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Step 4. Remove from heat and stir in mustard and grated cheeses (reserving a little of each of the cheeses to sprinkle on top).
- Step 5. Drain the pasta and add to the sauce. Stir until well coated.
- Step 6. Spoon into oven proof bowls and top with remaining cheese.
- Step 7. Grill on a high heat until cheese is bubbling. Enjoy!