250ml full fat milk
150ml stock (paste cube is fine or fresh if you have it)
A good tsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp cornflour, mixed to a paste with a little milk
100g Yorkshire Wensleydale cheese grated
50g Red Leicester cheese grated
50g Yorkshire Cheddar
Salt and pepper to taste
Dried macaroni pasta (approx. 90g per person)
1. Cook the pasta following the instructions on pack.
2. Bring milk and stock to the boil, reduce heat and add the cornflour mixture.
3. Allow to simmer for a minute or so; the sauce should be thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
4. Remove from heat and stir in mustard and grated cheeses (reserving a little of each of the cheeses to sprinkle on top).
5. Drain the pasta and add to the sauce. Stir until well coated.
6. Spoon into oven proof bowls and top with remaining cheese.
7. Grill on a high heat until cheese is bubbling.