Artisan Cheese, Deli Items, Luxury Hampers and Gifts delivered direct! Mainland UK Delivery 3 - 5 working days for just £3.95. FREE delivery over £50.
Lentil & Yorkshire Wensleydale cheese Bake
• Serves 4
• Prepare in 15 mins
A perfect winters day lunch or supper.
- 150g (6oz) red lentils
- ½ teaspoon basil
- ½ teaspoon mixed herbs
- 50g (2oz) butter
- 2 tablespoon tomato puree
- Salt and pepper
- 2 onions chopped
- 350g (14oz) tinned chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 150g (6oz) Yorkshire Wensleydale cheese, crumbled
- 454g (1lb) frozen spinach cooked and seasoned
- Step 1. Place lentils in a pan with enough water to cover them. Add herbs and simmer until tender.
- Step 2. Sauté the onion in the margarine until soft. Add the lentils and all the other ingredients apart from the cheese. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Step 3. Put the cooked, seasoned spinach in the bottom of a greased ovenproof dish and top with the lentil mixture.
- Step 4. Cover with Yorkshire Wensleydale cheese and grill or bake at 180C/350°F/Gas Mark 5 until the cheese has melted.