Griddled Yorkshire Cheddar & Spring Onion Cakes
/ April 22nd, 2023 / There is currently 1 comment
Try this Yorkshire Cheddar recipe, perfect for lunch or to share with family and friends! Delicious served with tomato relish or cured meats and pickles. Alternatively, serve with smoked salmon and a squeeze of fresh lemon.
- 50g Yorkshire Cheddar (grated)
- 125g self-raising flour
- Pinch smoked paprika
- Pinch black pepper (freshly ground)
- 3 splashes Henderson’s Relish
- 50g Yorkshire Butter
- 5 spring onions – washed, base removed and finely shredded
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 20g Yorkshire Cheddar (grated) to serve
- Add the smoked paprika and freshly ground black pepper to the self-raising flour and mix.
- Add the Yorkshire Butter to the flour and mix until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the spring onions, Henderson’s Relish, egg and milk to the mixture and mix together.
- Add the grated Yorkshire Cheddar and mix gently. Once combined, stop and roll out.
- Stamp into shapes and pan fry in a dry pan on a medium heat for approximately 6-8 minutes each side until golden.