Griddled Yorkshire Cheddar & Spring Onion Cakes
• Serves 8
• Prepare in 10 mins
Try this new Yorkshire Cheddar recipe, perfect for lunch or to share with family and friends! Love Yorkshire Cheddar? – check out The Yorkshire Creamery!
- 50g Yorkshire Cheddar (grated)
- 125g self-raising flour
- Pinch smoked paprika
- Pinch black pepper (freshly ground)
- 3 splashes Henderson’s Relish
- 50g Yorkshire Butter
- 5 spring onions - washed, base removed and finely shredded
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 20g Yorkshire Cheddar (grated) to serve
- Add the smoked paprika and freshly ground black pepper to the self-raising flour and mix.
- Add the Yorkshire Butter to the flour and mix until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the spring onions, Henderson’s Relish, egg and milk to the mixture and mix together.
- Add the grated Yorkshire Cheddar and mix gently. Once combined, stop and roll out.
- Stamp into shapes and pan fry in a dry pan on a medium heat for approximately 6-8 minutes each side until golden.
- Serve hot, topped with a little more Yorkshire Cheddar (grated).
- Delicious served with tomato relish or cured meats and pickles. Alternatively, serve with smoked salmon and a squeeze of fresh lemon.