Fresh Asparagus with Chorizo & Yorkshire Wensleydale
• Serves 2
• Prepare in 5 mins
Enjoy a fresh asparagus, Yorkshire chorizo and Yorkshire Wensleydale with granary toast, crème fraîche and pine nuts.
- 10 asparagus spears
- 200g Yorkshire Chorizo - sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons crème fraîche
- Fresh salad leaves
- 1 lemon
- Yorkshire Rapeseed Oil
- Yorkshire Butter
- 4-6 thin slices of granary bread
- 100g Yorkshire Wensleydale
- 60g pine nuts
- 1 small bunch of fresh parsley
- 1. Trim the asparagus and remove woody stalks by snapping the ends off with your fingers.
- 2. Sear the asparagus in a hot pan with the butter and lemon juice, along with the whole lemon, until slightly soft and charred.
- 3. Place the thinly sliced granary bread on a tray, drizzle with rapeseed oil and then bake in the oven at 180°C until golden brown.
- 4. Gently toast the pine nuts in a hot pan until coloured.
- 5. Finely chop the parsley and mix with the crème fraîche.
- 6. Spread the crème fraîche into a circle on the plate using a spoon and layer the asparagus on top.
- 7. Arrange the granary toast and garnish with the chorizo, pine nuts and salad leaves.
- 8. Finally, crumble Yorkshire Wensleydale over the top and drizzle with rapeseed oil, then serve.