Digital Days Out Wednesday 15th April – Cheesecake filled Easter Eggs!
• Serves 2
• Prepare in 30 mins
Yorkshire Wensleydale & Ginger Cheesecake Filled Easter Eggs These no-bake cheesecake filled Easter Eggs made with a base of buttery biscuit crumbs, topped with our own Yorkshire Wensleydale & Ginger Cheesecake recipe, encased by a smooth chocolate egg and top with mini eggs for decoration.
- 200g Yorkshire Wensleydale & Ginger Cheese (you can also use Yorkshire Wensleydale & Cranberries/Apricot/Pineapple)
- 200g Cream Cheese
- 50g Stem Ginger in Syrup
- Medium Easter Egg (halved)
- Pouring cream to mix
- 60g Digestive Biscuits (crushed)
- 45g Yorkshire Butter (melted)
- Icing Sugar to taste (sift)
- 100g Mini Eggs (crushed)
- 1. Mix together the digestive biscuit crumbs and melted butter, tip on to a lined baking tray and chill in the fridge for 15 minutes until cool.
- 2. In the meantime, mix together the Yorkshire Wensleydale & Ginger cheese and cream cheese, add enough cream to make a stiff consistency. Add the stem ginger and then the icing sugar to taste.
- 3. Remove the chilled biscuit from the fridge and crush into small crumbs. Add a heaped tablespoon to each Easter egg half and very gently pat down.
- 4. Top with the cheesecake mixture and sprinkle each half with mini eggs. Allow the Cheesecake filled Easter Eggs to set in the fridge for minimum an hour, or overnight if you have more time. These will keep for up to 3 days in the fridge but best served straight away.
- 5. Enjoy your home-made Yorkshire Wensleydale & Ginger Cheesecake Filled Easter Eggs and share them with us online at; Facebook - @WensleydaleCreamery, Twitter - @Wdalecreamery, Instagram - @wensleydale_creamery