Digital Days Out Friday 17th April: Kids Chocolate Rice Krispy Cakes Recipe
• Serves 10
• Prepare in 30 mins
These Rice Krispie Cakes are a quick and easy treat to make using left-over Easter Eggs (if there are any). This family is fun for the whole family to get involved with but remember that adult supervisions is needed when using the microwave or pan to heat ingredients.
- 150g chocolate (any type of chocolate you have leftover will do)
- 100g Yorkshire Butter
- 4 tbsp Golden Syrup
- 100g Rice Krispies (or other cereals of your choice)
- To decorate: 50g melted chocolate and sprinkles, mini marshmallows, smarties, dried fruit, nuts, mini eggs, or other decorations you can find in the cupboard.
- 1. Adult helpers: put the chocolate in a heatproof bowl with the butter and golden syrup and heat in microwave in 10-second intervals or melt over a pan of simmering water, making sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water. Keep stirring the ingredients until they are completely melted and smooth.
- 2. Take the melted mixture off the heat and stir in the rice krispies (or other cereals), coating them with the chocolate until they are all completely covered.
- 3. Mini helpers: put a spoonful of mixture into 10 fairy cake paper cases (Tip: put the cases in a fairy cake tin so they hold still when filling them and hold their shape). Then leave to set.
- 4. For the decoration drizzle with a little melted chocolate and decorate while they are still wet enough to stick them on.
- 5. Enjoy your home-made Chocolate Krispie Cakes and share them with us online at; Facebook - @WensleydaleCreamery, Twitter - @Wdalecreamery, Instagram - @wensleydale_creamery