Artisan Cheese, Deli Items, Luxury Hampers and Gifts delivered direct! Mainland UK Delivery 3 - 5 working days for just £3.95. FREE delivery over £50.
Cream of Leek & Wensleydale Blue Soup
• Serves 5
• Prepare in 10-15 mins
A warming soup packed full of flavour, great for a cold winter night.
- 450g (1lb) leeks, peeled and sliced
450g (1lb) potatoes, peeled and diced
100g (4oz) butter
225g (8oz) onions, finely chopped
115g (4oz) Wensleydale Blue, crumbled
150ml (¼ pint) cooking sherry
1.2 ltr (2 pints) stock
Salt and pepper
Cream and croutons for serving
- Step 1. Melt the butter in a large saucepan, add the onions and cook until soft. Add the leeks and potatoes, stir around in the butter and onions and pour in the sherry.
- Step 2. Add the stock to the vegetables in the pan and crumble in the Wensleydale Blue cheese.
- Step 3. Liquidise the soup in batches and pour through a sieve.
- Step 4. Reheat very gently, do not allow to boil then taste for seasoning. Add salt and pepper as required.
- Step 5.Stir in the cream before serving and add the croutons.