Cream of Leek & Wensleydale Blue Soup
450g (1lb) leeks, peeled and sliced
450g (1lb) potatoes, peeled and diced
100g (4oz) butter
225g (8oz) onions, finely chopped
115g (4oz) Wensleydale Blue, crumbled
150ml (¼ pint) cooking sherry
1.2 ltr (2 pints) stock
Salt and pepper
Cream and croutons for serving
1. Melt the butter in a large saucepan, add the onions and cook until soft. Add the leeks and potatoes, stir around in the butter and onions and pour in the sherry.
2. Add the stock to the vegetables in the pan and crumble in the Wensleydale Blue cheese.
3. Liquidise the soup in batches and pour through a sieve.
4. Reheat very gently, do not allow to boil then taste for seasoning. Add salt and pepper as required.
5. Stir in the cream before serving and add the croutons.