Our Christmas Shop is now open!
Courgette, Spinach & Wensleydale Blue Frittata
• Serves 6-8
• Prepare in 15 mins
Created by the fabulous Yorkshire Rapeseed Oil – serve with a light side salad for the perfect lunch or brunch dish, this tastes amazing hot or cold. Ideal for perking up any packed lunch!
- 100g Wensleydale Blue Cheese
- 1 medium Courgette
- Yorkshire Rapeseed Oil Mint & Balsamic Dressing
- Yorkshire Rapeseed Oil with Garlic
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 100g Spinach - we used a bag of Florette Baby Leaf Spinach
- 6 free range, medium eggs
- 50ml double cream
- Pop the grated courgette in a colander or a tea towel with a large bowl underneath, sprinkle over a little salt and then use the back of a wooden spoon to gently push out any excess water. Leave to sit for a further 10 minutes to drain fully.
- Preheat the oven to 180oC / 160oC Fan / 350oF / Gas Mark 4.
- For the next step you need a large frying pan. Make sure the frying pan has an oven-proof handle as you will be popping it into the oven. Cover the bottom of the frying pan with the Garlic Oil and heat on a high setting on the hob.
- Fry the red onion for a few minutes until softened and then add the drained and grated courgettes and continue to fry for 5-6 mins until cooked through. Gradually add the baby leaf spinach and cook this until wilted.
- In a separate dish beat together the eggs and milk with a good twist of black pepper and then pour this egg mixture over the courgettes, onion and spinach and lightly press down with the back of a spatula to make sure that the whole of the pan bottom is covered.
- Next step is to crumble over the Wensleydale Blue Cheese and allow to cook on the hob without touching it for a further 3-4 mins.
- Finally, once the base of the frittata seems set, add another twist of black pepper and place the frying pan in the oven for 20-25 mins or until cooked through.
- Serve hot or cold with a good drizzle of Yorkshire Rapeseed Oil Mint and Balsamic Dressing.