Artisan Cheese, Deli Items, Luxury Hampers and Gifts delivered direct! Mainland UK Delivery 3 - 5 working days for just £3.95. FREE delivery over £50.
Coffee, Chocolate & Walnut Scones
• Serves 6
• Prepare in 10 - 15 mins
A popular scone “special” in our 1897 Coffee Shop – wonderful warm with lashings of our Dales Butter. Ingredients Scones 1 lb of self raising flour 3 tbsp of cocoa powder 200g of caster sugar 250g of unsalted butter a handful of crushed walnuts, plus extra for sprinkling on top Splash of cream 2 eggs […]
- 1 lb of self raising flour
- 3 tbsp of cocoa powder
- 200g of caster sugar
- 250g of unsalted butter a handful of crushed walnuts, plus extra for sprinkling on top
- Splash of cream
- 2 eggs
- Coffee icing
- 250 g of icing sugar
- 1 shot of espresso coffee
- Step 1. Heat oven to 160c.
- Step 2. Tip the flour into a large bowl with the sugar, butter and cocoa powder and rub together until you have fine crumbs.
- Step 3. Add the eggs and splash of cream. Mix it until you have a dough.
- Step 4. Roll out on a lightly floured surface to approximately 3cm thick.
- Use a round 5cm cutter to cut out the chocolate scones, being careful not to twist the cutter.
- Place the circles on a greased baking tray and bake for about 20 min.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Beat together the icing sugar and coffee until smooth. Add more liquid or icing sugar as needed.
- Pour the coffee icing all over the scones and sprinkle with walnuts.