Artisan Cheese, Deli Items, Luxury Hampers and Gifts delivered to your door for just £3.95. Mainland UK Delivery between 3 - 5 working days.
Cod Bake with Yorkshire Cheddar Crumble Crust
• Serves 4
• Prepare in 10 mins
Extra Mature Yorkshire Cheddar baked Cod – extra-mature cheese is a perfect match with fish!
- 80g Yorkshire Cheddar (grated)
- 4 x 160g pieces cod - skin and bones removed (ask your fishmonger to do this)
- 3 chunky slices white bread (remove and discard crusts)
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- 1 heaped teaspoon freshly chopped chives
- 20g Yorkshire Butter (melted)
- Step 1: Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas Mark 7
- Step 2: Blend the white bread to create breadcrumbs and mix with the wholegrain mustard, freshly chopped chives and grated Yorkshire Cheddar.
- Step 3: Melt the Yorkshire Butter in a pan. Using a pastry brush, coat the fresh cod.
- Step 4: Tip the contents of the blended crumb mixture into a bowl and place the upturned cod into the mixture. Make sure there is an ample coating of the crumb mixture on each piece of cod.
- Step 5: Place the cod pieces on a tray, lined with greaseproof paper or rubber mat, so that the cod comes off easily once cooked.
- Step 6: Place in the oven for 8-10 minutes (depending on the thickness of the cod), until the crust looks golden. Chef's Tip: Serve with some freshly wilted spinach & lemon and enjoy!