Pre-order for Mother's Day cheese, hampers and gifts available now. FREE Delivery over £50.
Chicken & Summer Beet Salad with Yorkshire Wensleydale & Cranberries
• Serves 2
• Prepare in 10 mins
- 200g Yorkshire Wensleydale & Cranberries
- 2 chicken breasts
- 3 large cooked beetroot (or 300g packet of steamed beetroot)
- 1 punnet mixed cherry tomatoes
- 1 finely sliced carrot
- 1 small bunch rocket
- 2 tablespoons rapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoon runny honey
- 1 heaped teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- Juice and zest of 1 unwaxed lemon
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Place the chicken breasts in a bowl and pour over 1 tablespoon of rapeseed oil and the finely grated lemon zest.
- Add the chicken to a hot griddle or pan and cook for 1-2 min each side, then cook in the oven for 25-30 mins at 180°C.
- Peel and chop the beetroot into cubes, halve the cherry tomatoes and add to the pan to gently cook through.
- Mix the honey, mustard, lemon juice and rapeseed oil in a bowl.
- Add the beetroot, cherry tomatoes, carrot and rocket salad to the bowl and lightly mix.
- Season the salad with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper and pour over any chicken juices from the pan.
- Gently place the salad in the centre of a bowl or plate and slice the chicken to place on top of the salad.
- Finally, take your Yorkshire Wensleydale & Cranberries and crumble it over the top.