Caring for Your Hand-made Oak Cheeseboards
“Simply Stuart Clarkson” was born out of a passion for design, the Yorkshire Dales and its stunning landscape. Stuart’s creative spirit and design background has inspired this collection of handmade, handcrafted products, gifts and homeware. Every piece in his collection is hand finished at his workshop in the Yorkshire Dales, making a unique and special gift.
Wood is a natural and beautiful product, every piece cut and hand finished will have its own unique grain pattern and tone of colour.
Here are a few simple guidelines which will allow you to care for your product on a day to day basis:
1. Do not submerge/soak in water or use in the dishwasher after use. Wipe with a warm damp cloth only.
2. A drop of washing up liquid on a warm damp cloth should remove any minor marks from the surface of the wood.
3. Do not place rough, hot, wet and dirty pots and pans on the boards surface as contact from steel, copper, iron etc vessels can burn or stain the wood.
4. Try to avoid leaving wax coated products, cheese, oily foodstuff, water etc on the board for long periods of time as this could cause staining. If this happens then it can be easily rectified by sanding the board and re-applying oil to the surface.
5. Over time natural woods can become worn and dry even with the most careful of use. Lightly sanding the boards surface will remove light scratches and stains. The chopping boards natural timber colour will start to come back when a food-safe natural plant oil is used to re-seal the surface.
Caring for your product properly will make sure you keep the natural beauty of the wood maintained for many years to come.