A popular dish in our Visitor Centre Coffee Shop – perfect as a snack, or as a light lunch/supper.
1 leek, washed and finely chopped
Knob of butter
150ml vegetable stock
50ml whipping cream
1 slice bacon, grilled and diced
50g Yorkshire Wensleydale cheese, grated
Chopped parsley to garnish
1. Add the vegetable stock and butter to a pan and allow to simmer, before adding the leeks
2. Cover and simmer until liquid has reduced by 3/4 and the leeks have softened
3. Add the cream and stir until the sauce has thickened
4. Season with black pepper
5. Spread the creamed leek mixture over a flatbread, then top with chopped bacon and grated Yorkshire Wensleydale
6. Bake for 8-10 minutes at 160c until warm and the cheese has melted
7. Sprinkle with chopped parsley to serve.