175g/6oz golden caster sugar
2 eggs – beaten
2 tbsp milk
175g/6oz self raising flour – sieved
2 apples – peeled, cored & sliced
125g/4oz Yorkshire Wensleydale & Cranberries – crumbled
1 tbsp Demerara Sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C / 325°F / gas mark 3.
2. Grease a 20cm (8”) springform cake tin.
3. Cream together the butter and sugar. Add the eggs one at a time, beat in the milk and flour. Fold in ¾ of apples and crumble over the Yorkshire Wensleydale & Cranberries cheese.
4. Spoon the mixture into a tin.
5. Arrange the rest of the apple on top and sprinkle with Demerara sugar.
6. Bake for 55 minutes until risen and golden brown. Leave to cool in the tin.