Yorkshire Wensleydale & Apricot Scones
• Serves 6
• Prepare in 10 mins
• Cook in 12 mins
Great toasted with lashings of butter, why not add an extra slice of Yorkshire Wensleydale on top?
- 225g (8oz) self raising flour
Pinch of salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
50g (2oz) butter
25g (1oz) sugar
100g (4oz) Yorkshire Wensleydale & Apricot cheese, grated
150ml (¼ pint) milk
- Step 1. Sift flour, salt & baking powder in a bowl and rub in the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs, add the sugar.
- Step 2. Stir in the grated Yorkshire Wensleydale & Apricot cheese (leave a little for the top of scones).
- Step 3. Add enough milk to give a fairly soft, light dough.
- Step 4. On a lightly floured surface, roll out to about 2cm ( ¾“) thick and cut with a 5cm (2”) pastry cutter.
- Step 5. Place on a greased baking sheet. Brush the tops with milk & sprinkle with remaining Yorkshire Wensleydale & Apricot cheese.
- Step 6. Bake in oven (220°C, 425°F, gas mark 7) for about 10 minutes.
- Step 7. Allow to cool on wire rack.