Pre-order for Mother's Day cheese, hampers and gifts available now. FREE Delivery over £50.
Yorkshire Cheddar & White Onion Soup
• Serves 4
• Prepare in 10- 15 mins
Discover new Yorkshire Cheddar and our mouth-wateringly scrumptious Yorkshire Cheddar and White Onion Soup
- 250g Yorkshire Cheddar - grated or finely chopped so it melts into the soup
- 3 medium onions - peeled and evenly diced (approx. 500g diced onion)
- 1 leek - washed and the root removed. Chop the white of the leek only
- 2 garlic cloves - peeled and crushed, or one teaspoon of easy garlic
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 teaspoon Yorkshire rapeseed oil
- 2 pints water
- Step 1. Cook the onions and garlic in a pan with the Yorkshire rapeseed oil on a medium heat until the onions are very lightly brown and soft (approximately 8-10 mins).
- Step 2. Add the chopped leeks and the vegetable stock cube and stir well.
- Step 3. Add the 2 pints of water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 12-15 mins.
- Step 4. Add the Yorkshire Cheddar and allow to melt into the soup. Remove from the heat and blend until smooth. Serve with our crispy Yorkshire Cheddar croutons for the ultimate cheese soup!