4 chicken breasts, butterflied
300ml chicken stock (paste cubes are fine)
300ml whipping cream
Cornflour (approx. 1tsp)
150g Wensleydale Blue cheese, crumbled
Chopped parsley to taste
1. Butterfly the chicken breasts by slicing them lengthways but not all the way through, then open up and press firmly.
2. Pan-fry the butterflied chicken breasts until sealed (not brown), then transfer to a preheated oven (200c) for ten minutes. Check the juices run clear or have reached above 75c.
3. To make the sauce add the cream and stock to a pan and bring to the boil, then simmer.
4. Make a paste with the cornflour and a little water; gradually add this to the cream until the consistency of double cream, simmer for a few minutes then turn off the heat.
5. Now add the crumbled Wensleydale Blue cheese and stir until melted. Finish with a small amount of chopped parsley.
6. Once the chicken breasts are cooked, slice into two, place diagonally stacked on a plate and smother with the Wensleydale Blue Cheese Sauce. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.