We’re delighted to announce the next phase of opening at our award-winning Visitor Centre from 17th May.
With our Cheese Shop, Gift Shop and Coffee Shop Garden already open, we’re looking forward to welcoming visitors back to our Calvert’s Restaurant and Yorkshire Wensleydale Cheese Experience with Cheese-making Viewing Gallery.
Visitors can once again indulge in Calvert’s restaurant and sample our delicious *new menu* which champions our award-winning artisan cheese range and fantastic local produce. Enjoy our two-course summer special offer for just £17 and enjoy signature classic dishes with a ‘Wensleydale twist’ such as Yorkshire Wensleydale Chicken Ballotine, Yorkshire Rarebit made with Yorkshire Wensleydale, Yorkshire Red & Black Sheep Ale and the popular Calvert’s Ploughman’s, along with slow-braised Dales lamb, and Dales beef & ale pie, to name a few.
We’re welcoming reservations for Calvert’s Restaurant via phone 01969 667664, ext 3 or email email@example.com. Please note that for indoor dining, 6 people are able to dine at one time from separate households and we’re also allowing tables of 8 people (max. 2 households) per party.
As of Monday, May 17th, visitors can also enjoy a coffee and a bite to eat in the 1897 Coffee Shop, with full table service resuming indoors. Please note that for indoor dining, 6 people are able to dine at one time from separate households and we’re also allowing tables of 8 people (max. 2 households) per party. No reservations are required.
Our Coffee Shop garden will continue to be open for those wishing to dine outdoors, and is dog friendly, with ample seating and panoramic views of Wensleydale.
Delicious food & drink is also available to take away. See the 1897 Coffee Shop menu here!
You will once again be able to watch our master cheesemakers in action, handcrafting our signature creamy, crumbly Yorkshire Wensleydale cheese from the Viewing Gallery. Journey through the art of cheese-making and its history in the Dales through the experience, and have your photo taken with the much-loved Wallace & Gromit Characters!
- Cheese Shop
Monday – Sunday 9am – 5pm
- Gift Shop
Monday – Sunday 9am – 5pm
- 1897 Coffee Shop – Indoor and Outdoor Dining, plus take away
Monday – Sunday 9am – 4pm
- Calvert’s Restaurant – Indoor Dining
11am – 4pm
- Yorkshire Wensleydale Cheese Experience – Includes Cheese Making Viewing Gallery
9am – 4pm
Here are some of the measures we are taking to ensure that you can enjoy your time with us in a safe way:
- Increased cleaning will continue to take place throughout the Visitor Centre
- Hand sanitiser is available at the entrance and exits and throughout the site
- Please respect 2m distancing indicated by the floor markings and signage
- We can only accept contactless and card payments
- Face coverings are required in all parts of our Visitor Centre in line with current government guidelines unless dining indoors in Calvert’s Restaurant or our 1897 Coffee Shop.
- Indoor dining – max 8 (2 households) per party
- We’re welcoming reservations for Calvert’s Restaurant via phone 01969 667664, ext 3 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Yorkshire Wensleydale Cheese Experience
- Mon – Fri please purchase tickets from our Visitor Experience Reception
- Sat & Sun please purchase tickets from our Gift Shop
- Unfortunately, we will not be running demonstrations
We thank you for your patience, understanding and support, as we strive to operate to the highest standards and adapt to the changing environment. Everyone’s safety is of the utmost importance. We can’t wait to see you soon!