An exciting and rare opportunity is available as an interim role, to cover our Supply Chain Manager for the period of 12 months. This is a key position in both the business as a whole and within the Supply Chain Team here at Wensleydale Dairy Products. The role is based at our Kirkby Malzeard site, 8.30am- 5pm Monday to Friday, although travel to Hawes on a weekly basis will be expected.
As part of the team, as well as the main duties listed below you will be instrumental in understanding and sharing the responsibility of all relevant legal requirements of the business including H&S, all aspects of technical compliance including; food safety & hygiene, legal labelling, employment law and any other aspect relevant to your role or the business and will be expected to partake in regular team meetings and reviews.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting into the Operations Director, this role is accountable for formulating and publishing all production plans for the business and supply-demand from direct suppliers of finished goods. This to include:
- Packing plans for our manufacturing sites
- Weekly issued detail plan
- Monthly issued two-month projection forwards
- Yearly waxed truckle plans
- Christmas plans for both manufacturing sites
- Management of Procurement team
- Management of Planning + Logistics team
Information provided will be to a format agreed with the production team and planning and will drive material and labour requirements for the sites.
Measurement of the process will be published weekly and will include;
- Service performance for supply to customers (Retail, Wholesale, Industrial and Export)
- Concession of any stock
- Return or disposal of downgrade stock
- Comparison of Forecast accuracy to production requirement.
- Construct & maintain 21-day packing schedule for Kirkby Malzeard factory, minimising changeovers and maximising service delivery
- Review variances to projected stock position, challenging any that do not reconcile with previous day/week position, and verify daily production plan accordingly
- Following actual order “refresh” re-evaluate/amend schedule and formulate /amend the plan for the following day/weeks.
- Liaise with stores /purchasing with regards to raw material flow and adjust plans accordingly.
- Work closely with production and modify production plans if required (quality issues, staffing/skills shortage, manning levels, planned maintenance, process samples).
- Investigate finished goods short code & shortages to determine if a planning issue, and implement corrective action where applicable.
- Check formulas in planning files for the next 21 days to identify bottlenecks/capacity issues and balance accordingly.
- Work with the Site Manager to help establish, collate, and report daily a plan attainment measure (reason for missed target) to help drive improvement in delivery and operational efficiency
- Manually input/ amend export & wholesale orders in the forecast and production plan.
- Add sample requests to plan. Complete detail on sample log (i.e. Added to plan (date of line plan added to)).
- Maintain planning files (housekeeping – new listings/ delists).
KEY COMPETENCY SKILLS
- Advanced Excel
- Previous experience in a planning role
- A clear understanding of how data enters into is processed by and is reported by systems.
- Broad knowledge of high-volume IT transactional systems.
- Ability to analyse data and translate into actions.
- Ability to influence effectively across the organisation.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail
- Driver of change
- Works on own initiative
- Contributes own views and listens to views of others
- Contributes to a positive team environment
- Is focused on the end target, does everything within their capability to hit it
- Capable of challenging constructively.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders.